Operational Forecasting and Planning Analyst Job Opening
Portr Ltd is an innovative tech scale-up business – transforming travel for air passengers through remote bag drop solutions, transportation of baggage, security and data sharing. Ultimately facilitating frictionless passenger journeys when flying in and out of cities around the world.
We recently launched a service with British Airways, enabling passengers to have their bags picked up and checked in from any London address. Leaving them free to travel lighter and spend their time as they want until they land at their destination airport. But this is only the start of our journey..
We are looking to recruit an Operational Forecasting and Planning Analyst to join our fast-growing team. This bright talented individual will shape the company’s operational resourcing requirements. This role requires someone who can think creatively and tactically by analysing, planning, communicating and providing recommendations. You will be reporting to the COO and working closely together with the operational management team and frontline supervisors. Analysing operational data to review and drive operational performance. Developing, managing and forecasting for operations, you will ensure that resourcing plans and recommendations are presented, discussed and implemented within set timeframes.
To flourish in this role, here’s what your key achievements will be:
- Responsible for analysing a detailed set of operational data to oversee support KPIs and drive performance across the department. Create and regularly update forecasts that help to identify likely demand on resource, logistics and support.
- You will be responsible for methodically analysing historical data of all areas of the business to understand performance and trends, building a picture of influences that will provide drive forecasting.
- Produce, recommend and publish rosters to provide adequate cover daily/weekly/monthly for each department in the operational areas. Ensure workforce schedules reflect product expansion, absence, training seasonal variations and HSSE requirements. Identifying periods of over/under resourcing from the existing schedules and ensure work schedules are accurate and result in optimised staff numbers.
- You will be working closely with the Head of Department to support with operational decision making and assessment of changes to the operation. Complete analysis to understand any significant variances from planned, actual and required demand.
- You will be Portr’s Planning Analyst guru and the team will come to you with planning and analytics questions. You will be an expert in our success and failures and will be knowledgeable in every metric and detail. Provide statistical management information from a variety of sources. Provide reports on trends, variances and planning assumptions to the management team.
- This opportunity is primarily based in Vauxhall, London and requires you to be capable in supporting the operations management team in planning and scheduling in a fast paced environment across other locations in London.
Key Requirements/ Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ analytical experience
- Maths (A Level preferred, minimum GCSE A grade)
- Experience in a logistics/ resource planning
- Hands on knowledge of how to implement resourcing recommendations in a timely manner
- Highly analytical approach, with a proven track record of making fact based decisions.
- Fast moving approach, able to build a set of new forecast and resource
- Planning requirements effectively and efficiently.
Salary and Benefits
At Portr we pride ourselves on the exceptional calibre of our team members. If you meet our standards and join us full-time, you would get some of the best benefits:
- Salary - £35,000-40,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days’ holiday (plus public holidays)
- A genuine opportunity to scale within a high growth start-up
- The chance to work with a super talented and fun team
- Great head office in Vauxhall, London in a building used by a number of high-profile tech businesses and main operating hub close to London Heathrow Airport. The successful candidate will be required to be based out of either location depending on business demand.
To apply for this position, please email your Cover Letter and CV to DSharp@portr.com by Wednesday 26th April 2017.